FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C. (July 15, 2020) – Destinations International today announced the new 2020-2021 association Board of Directors and foundation Board of Trustees. Butch Spyridon, president and CEO of the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corporation assumed the role of Chair of Destinations International. John Lambeth, president and CEO of Civitas, assumed the role of Chair of the Destinations International Foundation.
“Destinations International and the Destinations International Foundation are driven by the experienced volunteers serving on our boards and committees,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “We are truly grateful for the time, counsel and service these individuals dedicate to our industry and we look forward to their leadership during their time as a Board member and beyond.”
“The relevance of our industry has never been more clear and valid than in the face of a global pandemic, said Spyridon. “Destination organizations have an opportunity to lead the rebirth of the travel and tourism industry. As the global trade organization for destination organizations around the world, Destinations International is committed to playing a key role in that rebirth and preparing leaders for the future of our industry. I am honored to help lead the organization during these challenging times.”
“I am honored to serve as the chair of the Destinations International Foundation. The role of destination organizations is rapidly shifting and changing, especially in today’s current environment, said Lambeth. "Thanks to the work of the Destinations International Foundation, Destinations International can continue to elevate the value of convention and visitors bureaus around the world and make sure they are equipped to lead during these challenging times.”
The 2020-2021 Board of Directors and Board of Trustees officers are listed below. For a full list of Destinations International’s Board of Directors, click here. For a full list of the Destinations International Foundation Board of Trustees, click here.
2020/2021 Board of Directors Officers:
- Chairman: Butch Spyridon, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation
- Chair-Elect: Gretchen Hall, CDME, Little Rock CVB
- Immediate Past-Chair: Craig Davis, CDME, VisitDallas
- Secretary/Treasurer: Al Hutchinson, Visit Baltimore
- At Large: Julie Coker, San Diego Travel Authority
- At Large: Chris Thompson, CDME, Brand USA
Association 2020/2021 Board of Directors New Board Members (3-year term):
- Barbara Jamison, London & Partners
- Beth Erickson, CDME, Visit Loudoun
- Julie Calvert, Cincinnati USA CVB
- Kyle Edmiston, CDME, Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana CVB
- Milton Segarra, CDME, Coastal Mississippi
- Richard Scharf, Visit Denver
- Sherrif Karamat, PCMA
- Tom Noonan, Visit Austin
Foundation 2020/2021 Board Officers:
- Chairman: John Lambeth, Civitas
- Chair-Elect: John Percy, CDME, Destination Niagara USA
- Immediate Past-Chair: John Groh, CDME, Rockford Area CVB
- Secretary/Treasurer: Vail Ross, STR
- At Large: Ellie Westman Chin, CDME, Visit Franklin, TN
Foundation 2020/2021 New Board of Trustees (3-year term):
- Cheryl Kilday, CDME, North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce Incorporated
- Jerad Bachar, CDME, VisitPITTSBURGH
- Katherine O’Donnell, CDME, Richmond Region Tourism
- Martha Sheridan, Greater Boston CVB Incorporated
- Michelle Mason, CAE FASAE CQIA, Association Forum
- Vail Ross, STR
- Will Seccombe, Connect Travel
For more information visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International:
Destinations International is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with almost 6,000 members and partners from nearly 600 destinations in 13 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association: exchanging bold ideas, connecting innovative people and elevating tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About the Destinations International Foundation:
The Destinations International Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering destination marketers globally by providing education, research, advocacy and leadership development. The Foundation is classified as a charitable organization, under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and all donations to the Foundation are tax-deductible. For more information visit www.destinationsinternational.org.