Compensation & Benefits Reporting Platform

The Compensation and Benefits Reporting Platform is an online tool that allows destination organizations to input their current salary and benefits structure and compare their practices with peer destinations across the country.

Image
promo-geography.png

Analyze by Comp Set
View and analyze compensation and benefits practices of destination organizations by size, geography, department and position.

Image
promo-SalaryTrends.png

Explore Trends
Explore compensation trends specific to the industry, including insurance and benefits, to help your organization make crucial human capital decisions.

Image
promo-free.png

Complimentary for Members
Usage of the tool is complimentary for members of Destinations International that submit their data to the platform. The only investment is your time.

Login is restricted to members and contacts whom have been given access to enter on behalf of their destination organization. Please email us to apply for access for your organization.

Top Features

  1. Enter and analyze data year-round. You do not have to wait for collection periods and/or periodic study releases in order to view and create new reports.
  2. The platform has recently added new sections and KPIs, including diversity & inclusion, reworked positions and performance entries and destination benefits and departmental performance sections.
  3. Create and download your own comparative sets, peer groups, charts and graphs.

Why Use the Compensation & Benefits Reporting Platform?

"I encourage all my fellow destination organization Human Resources professionals to use this complimentary tool. The tool is complimentary for members and easy to update on an annual basis. It provides comprehensive data on salaries for destination organizations of all sizes and locations. This travel industry-specific data is critical in ensuring our salaries are in line with our compensation philosophy and allows us to make informed decisions about compensation and benefits for current employees and for recruitment purposes." 

ANDY CLOUTIER
Human Resources Director
Visit Greater Palm Springs 

Compensation Position Summaries Now Available!

Here's What You Need to Know

  • We are now selling compensation position summaries for 16 positions from our Compensation and Benefits Reporting Platform.
  • This data represents a year-end summary of data collected in 2023 within the Destinations International compensation and benefits reporting platform. All data represented reflects destination organizations’ FY’23 or Cal’23 actualized data. This summary reflects 300 respondents from our global membership, with 95% representing North American membership and the remaining 5% from outside North America.
  • Data included within the position summary includes: median salary information, PTO policies, Benefits Plans Offered and reimbursement.
  • Positions currently being offered for sale include:
    • Director of Marketing
    • Manager Content Marketing/Social Media
    • Manager of Communications/Public Relations
    • Convention Sales Manager
    • Director/Manager, Sports Marketing/Sales
    • Director, Convention Sales 
    • Manager, Visitor Services/Information
    • Director of Communications/Public Relations
    • Executive Administrative Assistant
    • Manager of Online Marketing/eMarketing
    • Tourism Sales Manager
    • Director/Manager of Accounting/Finance
    • Office Manager
    • National/Senior Convention Sales Manager
    • Membership Sales Manager
    • President/CEO/Executive Director
  • Purchasing is available to Destinations International destination organization members. Each position can be purchased individually for $50 or as a bundle for $395. You can purchase through our online store, Publications, or within the extranet under online store > publications.

Download Position Summaries

Contact

Andreas Weissenborn

Vice President of Research and Advocacy
Destinations International

Introduced to the world of destination organizations by a random internship application to Visit Baltimore (then known as Baltimore Area Convention & Visitors Association), Andreas Weissenborn began an unexpected career into hospitality that left him with a continued passion towards the tourism industry.

Weissenborn spent just short of 11 years with Visit Baltimore helping with its Research, Technology, and Information Systems across the organization. In 2017, he joined the Association on behalf of a Destinations International Foundation initiative to be a dedicated research source for Destinations International.

As part of his responsibilities, include supporting our core advocacy and research initiatives such as the community shared value, the tourism lexicon, the event impact calculator, and various reporting platforms, and our belief of destination promotion being a common good for the greater good.

chevron_right More from this Author