FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C. (May 6, 2020) – Destinations International, the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards, today announced it’s the 2020 Annual Convention will now take place virtually, July 14-15, 2020 which will provide access for travel and tourism professionals around the world.
“The safety of our members is our number one priority,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “With the direction and support from our Board of Directors, we made the decision to host the Annual Convention virtually due to the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19.”
As the premier event for destination professionals, Destinations International's 2020 Annual Convention will provide a unique opportunity for destination organizations to come together virtually for two full days of interactive educational sessions with polling, chat capabilities and Q&A during sessions.
The virtual Annual Convention will include:
- Over 20 inspiring and timely educational sessions.
- Industry Roundtables.
- Virtual Town Hall.
- Shirtsleeve Sessions.
- Networking opportunities including virtual happy hours.
- A Marketplace of Ideas with virtual exhibits, lead generation, resource downloads and 1:1 chats
- Gamification opportunities.
Keynote speakers include:
- Mitch Albom, the author of Tuesdays with Morrie, philanthropist, columnist, and sports reporter who is an inspiration around the world. His books have sold over 35 million copies and have been translated into over 40 languages. While nationally recognized for his sports writing, Albom is perhaps best known for the themes of hope and kindness that weave through his books, plays, and films. In his talks and presentations, he brings the same inspiring message of community building, giving, and purpose. His breakthrough book, Tuesdays with Morrie, became an international phenomenon with over 14 million copies sold. Now in its twentieth year, the book remains one of the top-selling memoirs of all time and was adapted into an Emmy Award-winning TV movie produced by Oprah Winfrey, starring Jack Lemmon and Hank Azaria.
- Carey Lohrenz, the first female U.S. Navy F-14 Tomcat fighter pilot, who knows what it takes to succeed in one of the most demanding, extreme environments imaginable – the cockpit at Mach 2. The same qualities that helped her break barriers and make naval aviation history can also help you accomplish more than you ever imagined. In her Wall Street Journal best-selling book, "Fearless Leadership: High-Performance Lessons from the Flight Deck,” she encapsulates her advice on how to supercharge performance in today’s competitive business environments. Drawing on a trail-blazing career in the U.S. Navy, Carey provides critical insight on the importance of setting a bold vision to bring teams together and staying resilient through hard times. Energizing and engaging on stage, her mission-ready strategies for leading fearlessly will help you take charge, navigate high-pressure business conditions, overcome challenges, and realize your vision.
- The Global All-Stars Innovators Showcase, which is one of the industry’s leading platforms for sharing exciting new ideas, insights and innovation from around the world. In its ninth year at Destinations International’s Annual Convention, the 2020 Global All-Stars session will take a look forward at “Sustaining the Future.”
Registration and a modified refund/cancelation policy for registrants can be found on the Destinations International 2020 Annual Convention website here.
For more information about Destinations International and its events, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International:
Destinations International is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with almost 6,000 members and partners from nearly 600 destinations in approximately 13 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association: exchanging bold ideas, connecting innovative people and elevating tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.