Planner Influencer Board
As a strategic initiative of the association, Destinations International works to elevate the critical role CVBs have on the event planning process and work to educate CVB members with tools, resources and best practices to successfully deliver that value. The Planner Influencer Board contributes to the association’s overall business events strategy by helping define the key elements CVBs need to deliver on their promise of helping make events successful.
The overall goals for the Planner Influencer Board include:
- Gaining a better understanding of the trends, drivers, and priorities shaping destination organizations and exploring how CVBs can become a more valuable partner with meeting professionals in light of these influences.
- Validating the CVB value proposition, ensuring destination organizations are aligned with meeting professionals’ needs and expectations.
- Reviewing, assessing, and brainstorming product direction and opportunities for improving solutions, interaction, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating on shared business issues, thereby strengthening the relationship between CVB members and customers.
- Serving as an advocate for the CVB community and supporting in the extension of education around the CVB value proposition within the industry and associated network of Business Event Strategists.
2023 Committee Members:
- Alex Zapple, Director, Meetings, American Society for Nephrology
- Arlene Kidwell, Director, Conference Logistics, NAIS (Nat Assoc Independent Schools)
- Brad Weaber, Principal, Brad Weaber Consulting Group (PIB Facilitator)
- Cait Goldberg, Chief of Event Planning & Operations, Society for Science
- Eduardo Chaillo, Global Meetings and Tourism Specialist
- Fanny Senez, Events Manager, International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Jeanne Procope, VP, Conference Operations and Strategy, Blavity, Inc
- Jeff Sacks, Managing Vice President, ESN, Maritz Global Events
- Jody Egel, Director, Meetings and Events, American College of Chest Physicians
- Kristi Casale, Vice President for Meetings & Continuing Education, American Academy Pediatric Dentistry
- LaToya Williams, Global Account Manager, Helms Briscoe
- Lea Puteaux, Project Manager, International Chamber of Commerce
- Leslie Zeck, Director of Meetings, International Association for Dental Research & American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research
- Matt Burress, Director of Events, National Council of Teachers of English
- Michael Jordan, Senior Director, Conferences and Events, Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Michael Barrat, Senior Vice President, Meetings and Events, Automotive Aftercare Association, Bethesda MD
- Nate Wambold, Director of Meetings & Conferences, Anthropological Association
Destinations International Staff Liasion
- Emily Scheiderer, Director of Education, Sales and Services