Join the Program
Why You Should Join
- You will be part of creating a value proposition that will benefit the European destination organisation community.
- Your whole organisation will benefit from memberships including access to tools, services and education offered through Destinations International.
- Your thought leadership will be recognised through our whitepaper and various global activities.
- You will learn from fellow Pathfinders and the broader Destinations International community.
Pathfinders Industry Brief on Global Challenges and Collaboration
During IMEX Frankfurt on May 24, 2023, Destinations International (DI) announced the launch of the European Pathfinders Journey Global Challenges Call for Global Collaboration industry brief. Since the programme’s launch at IMEX Frankfurt 2022, the European Pathfinders have been working with partners and the DI team to bring key trends in European destinations to light and understand how leaders in the industry are stepping up to address these challenges and opportunities. Through a collaborative approach, the Pathfinders have identified key areas where DI can support destinations and contribute to a regenerative economy. Discover the key trends and opportunities in the industry brief.
The Journey 2023
Creating meaningful conversations and connections. We are building a strong and valuable bridge between North America and Europe and are looking forward to the next steps in our journey in 2024. Here are some initiatives from 2023.
- Online and in person knowledge sharing opportunities on relevant topics throughout the year.
- IMEX Frankfurt, wonderful opportunity to connect with the business events community and host a number of activities.
- During Annual Convention in Dallas, we welcomed our global leaders to a dinner and we hosted a Pathfinders breakfast.
- Pathfinders annual gathering in Copenhagen, ahead of PCMA Convening EMEA, was a moderated afternoon with partners and friends.
- ICCA Congress in Bangkok was the chance to gather our community for dinner and knowledge sharing.
- 29th November we held a Pathfinders meeting in Barcelona during IBTM World.
The 2024 Pathfinders
- Antwerp & Partners Convention Bureau, Tadeja Pivc Coudyser
- Athens Development and Destination Management Agency, Alexia Panagiotopoulou
- Budapest Convention Bureau, Noemi Molnar-Gyori
- Destination Fyn, Kirsten Rudbeck
- East Sweden Convention Bureau, Jenny Irwin
- Event Wales, Welsh Government, Heledd Williams
- Fáilte Ireland, Paul Mockler
- Geneva Tourisme & Convention Foundation, Alain Pittet
- Glasgow Convention Bureau, Campbell Arnott
- Istanbul Convention & Visitors Bureau, Cemil Kilic
- Kyiv Tourism and Promotion Department, Julia Mushta
- Liverpool City Council (Marketing Liverpool), Lisa Owen
- Lviv Convention Bureau, Yuliia Katynska
- Malmö Convention Bureau, Johan Menso
- NewcastleGateshead Initiative, Ian Thomas
- The Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions, Antonia Koedijk
- Rotterdam Partners Convention Bureau, Eveline van der Pluijm
- Toerisme Veluwe Arnhem Nijmegen, Herre Dijkema
- TSG Tourismus Salzburg GmbH, Klemens Kollenz
- Turisme de Barcelona/ Ajuntament de Barcelona, Rosa Bada
- Türkiye Tourism Promotion and Development Agency, Esra Güler
- Vienna Tourist Board, Daniela Kolesa
- Visit Iceland, Hildur Björg Bæringsdóttir
- Visit Oulu, Yrjötapio Kivisaari
- Visit Rovaniemi, Sanna Karkkainen
- VisitScotland, Rory Archibald
- Wonderful Copenhagen, Convention Bureau, Cathrine Seidel Tvede
The Road Ahead...
Goals in Europe
• Expand the Pathfinder Programme to include more global organizations, including North American members, to encourage knowledge-sharing and global collaboration.
• Continue to implement robust content strategy for Pathfinder participants, including webinars, regular virtual meetings, and in-person networking at industry events.
• Deepen organizational engagement beyond the designated Pathfinder.
• Develop or sustain partnerships with regional industry associations, including European Travel Commission and City Destination Alliance.
• Audit current DI member benefits, resources, and services to evaluate which are most valuable for European destinations and understand how to market these more effectively.
• Develop and launch Europe-specific membership model based on input from European members and Pathfinders.
Pathfinder Activity Plan
For more information or to apply to participate in the Pathfinders Programme, contact Jane Cunningham, Director of European Engagement at [email protected].