FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WASHINGTON, D.C. (JULY 15, 2020) – Destinations International announced that eight industry leaders earned the Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) designation in 2021. They were recognized at Annual Convention which takes place as a hybrid event in Baltimore, MD this year on July 13-15, 2021. The 2020 CDME recipients were also recognized.
“Congratulations to those who have earned their CDME credential, the tourism industry's highest individual achievement." said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “These leaders have invested in their education and are now equipped with the knowledge needed to adapt to and manage the increasing change and competition facing our industry.”
“As the industry’s highest professional achievement, the Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) program pushes destination leaders to think differently in this constantly changing environment,” said Craig Davis, CDME, president and CEO of VisitDallas and chair of the CDME Board of Directors. “It is more important than ever for senior executives to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to serve their communities in the greatest capacity.”
The CDME program is the only industry certification program specifically designed for destination management professionals and is the tourism industry’s highest individual educational achievement. The program is designed to prepare destination organization professionals to leverage their experience and to apply their knowledge with a focus on vision, leadership, productivity and implementing business strategies.
2021 CDME recipients:
- Rich Basen, CDME, SVP, Marketing and Leisure Sales, Discover The Palm Beaches
- Rob Osterberg, CMP, CDME, Director of Convention Sales, Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Bonnie Quill, CDME, President & CEO, Mat-su Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Kristen Reynolds, CDME, President and CEO, Discover Long Island
- Julie Saupe, CDME, President and CEO, Visit Anchorage
- Cheryl Shallanberger, CDME, VP, Sales and Marketing, Ventura Visitors and Convention Bureau
The following individuals received their CDME credential in 2020, after the 2020 Annual Convention:
- Lori Simms (2020), CDME, Deputy Director of Tourism, Missouri Division of Tourism
- Dottie Bossley (2020), CTA, CDME, Regional Sales Manager, Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau
For more information about CDME or Destinations International, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International:
Destinations International is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with almost 6,000 members and partners from nearly 600 destinations in 15 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association: exchanging bold ideas, connecting innovative people and elevating tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.